Dutch Bliss

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Last week was my last week of freedom. Sigh. Please don’t roll your eyes when you read the rest of this entry. You’ll probably think I’m pathetic or lazy or selfish. Not everyone can say that they’ve had a whole month off with no responsibilities. Don’t get me wrong - I’ve been busy sewing, shopping, watching season 6 of the Gilmore Girls, cooking dinner, meeting Suzanne for lunch, my two Bible studies, Oprah. The whole month went really quickly!

I really have no reason to complain. Except…yesterday my Dutch class started again. That’s a whole blog entry on its own. This course doesn’t have as many hours of class time per week as the last one. I struggled to keep up with the homework in addition to the class time when I took level 1. Level 2 will be difficult enough only two days instead of three days per week. I’ve already spent several hours doing the homework from Monday’s class.

But what this means is that for the next 12 or so weeks, I have class every Monday & Wednesday (plus all of the homework it requires). Tuesday morning is my self imposed IKEA day. Wednesday night and Thursday morning I have Bible study. So Friday is my only free day to do what I please.

It may sound like I’m making it out to be more than it is, but having had a taste of freedom, I’m grumbling about the newly imposed structure. Eventually I’ll get used to it I guess. It’s just that I’m trying to make the most of my time here while I have no work or babies or loneliness. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home