Dutch Bliss

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Procrastination...

I've been procrastinating for too long to write this post. In fact, it has been nearly 10 weeks since I've thought about it - what I was going to say, how I was going to say it, when I should exactly say it. But this debate in my head has gone on for a ridiculous amount of time so I'll just say it:

I'm pregnant!

That was easy right? Not for me. I've had a hard time motivating myself to post any blog material since I felt like all the events in my life for the past few months are centered around the pregnancy and how I was feeling at the time.

And you'll be surprised to know that I'm actually 20 weeks along already. My reference to 10 weeks is the time since I've actually been home in the Netherlands and legitimately able to post. I would have posted this sooner except that it took us longer than expected to contact all of our direct family members to let them know of the news. (We thought it better to tell them by phone than for them to read it anonymously over the internet).

And I've been physically
feeling wretched! It is almost like the last 10 weeks (or more) have been lost in time. There was a period there that I barely showered or got up off the couch. However, at long last the constant nausea and vomiting has nearly subsided. Some days I still feel like staying in bed, but more often than not I almost feel like my normal self again (except for a few other changes such as this seemingly "huge" belly and nothing to wear).

So I just wanted to say that "I'm back" and keep reading because I've got stories to tell about the month I stayed with my sister, the trip to Italy with Brad's brother Matt, the 4 weeks in the middle where I lived in my PJs on the couch, the trip to Germany with Brad's other brother and his wife, and more...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Bob said...

congratulations, brad and mollie! what a blessing! even if it doesn't feel that much like one... :)

brad's cousin cecilia

10:21 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

We're thrilled for you and look forward to hearing more of your stories via the blog!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly - congrats! How lovely to hear you are expecting your very own pooping, peeing, crying, hungry - but oh-so-lovable - life sized doll! ;) to be honest, it's all I've thought about for the past 4-ish months too and can't wait to take that test myself. I was so glad to hear your pregnancy test story - I would have done the same thing. You are a take-charge woman. Will you be having the baby in the Netherlands or in Canada?

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home